Nick is my sweet 7 year old. He is in first grade and he's a fabulous kid. Nick is very smart, very sensitive, very into Star Wars, bakugan, Wii, playing, learning, and loving life! He's a super kid and a pure joy to be around. His contagious smile and sweet freckles melt my heart. Nick is a perfect big brother and I am so proud of him and honored to be his Momma!
Adam is my baby. My youngest and most cuddley, yet awnry child! He is quite the comedian at his young age and is sure to be entertaining. He is sweet, loving, funny, and innocent. He has a perfect smile, an hilarious sense of humor, and he is totally genuine. Adam is a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day!
A mother holds her children's hands for a while...their hearts forever. ~ Author Unknown
I never knew how much love my heart could hold until someone called me "mommy." ~ Author Unknown
If at first you don't succeed, do it the way your mother told you to. ~ Author Unknown
I'd rather be a mother than anyone on earthBringing up a child or two of unpretentious birth...I'd rather tuck a little child all safe and sound in bedthan twine a chain of diamonds about my [carefree] head.I'd rather wash a smudgy face with round, bright, baby eyesThan paint the pageantry of fame or walk among the wise. ~ Meredith Gray
1. A cup of tea is awful - I do not like hot tea! 2. Family photos and personal items make a place feel like home. 3. Everything has its beauty in it's own way. 4. Do you like the taste of strawberries? 5. Art makes me smile when my children make it for me. 6. LOL I just noticed I forgot to put any posts on my blog this week. 7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to a fun family night, tomorrow my plans include maybe a day trip and Sunday, I want to do house stuff!
2. We've been watching the 2010 Olympics in the evenings.
3. And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was no longer feasible and it was time to break out!
4. You can paint my living room or bedroom if you get an urge.
5. Having sweet dreams makes me wake up happy.
6. What does it take to get people at work to do what they are supposed to do?!?!?!.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to dinner with a good friend tomorrow my plans include shopping, redecorating, and major house stuff and Sunday, I want to welcome Ray and my kids home after their weekend away at my in laws(yes, I have the entire weekend to myself!!! whoo hee)
When we had 24 inches of snow one day and another 12 inches 4 days later...this made for great sledding conditions! We used a big dirt pile in an empty lot in our development that hasn't had a house built on it yet. We had a great time but the snow was so deep, it was really hard to navigate through. Adam couldn't walk in it at all. FYI...we are supposed to get more tonight and as I write this, the flurries are starting to fall.
I have seen this post on many of my blogger friends websites and thought I would add my version.
10 Things I Never Thought I Would Do...
1. I never thought I would be in bed most nights by 9:30pm.
2. I never thought I would catch vomit in my hands (gross, I know).
3. I never thought a crayon drawing on construction paper would bring tears to my eyes.
4. I never thought I would have to do laundry everyday.
5. I never thought that I would think waking up at 6:30 would be "sleeping in".
6. I never thought that someday every decision I make affects someone other than me.
7. I never thought that I could stay up all night with a sick, crying child, who needed their Mommy and not feel sorry for myself because I never got any sleep.
8. I never thought that a great outing on a day off of work would include happy meals and Toys R Us.
9. I never thought that dinners and evenings out with my hubby would be rare and that we would have to make the most out of ever second we were given to be on our own.
10. I never thought I would would see myself as second or third when there were people more important than I. People whose lives depend on every decision I make and people who love me unconditinal, no matter what. People who would not expect nothing more from me than to come home each day and just "be there". People who can change my whole mood just by giving me a huge hug or a sweet kiss. That being called "wife" and "mommy" would be the best words I ever heard or best job I ever had!
I invite each of my blog readers to participate in this posting on their site and leave a comment on mine linking me to your 10 things you never thought you'd do. Have fun!
Well...we got another big snow storm. Ray thought we averaged about 24 + inches, but it was hard to tell due to lots of drifting. The kids were bored by the beginning of the 2nd day of being housebound since we are used to going out and doing activties, but we all survived, adnw ill survive until we are back to normal. The cable was out on friday for about 10 hours and that was a big challenge. Not that we watch alot of TV, but it's nice to have it when the kids are bored. More pictures to follow on ways I had to get creative to entertain the kids on a very snowy day.
Since we are predicted to get 24 inches of snow this weekend, I thought I would go back to Nick's first snow outing. 14 months old, January 2005. I love these pictures! He could't even walk. That made him cranky, so we weren't out long.
Hi, I'm Alison. I am 34 years old, I am a busy Momma of 2 young boys. I run a household, I work full time and I am a wife to a wonderful husband. We met at Indiana University of Pa. I have been married for 9 lovely years but we have been together for 15! My life has turned out exactly how I had dreamed and in my eyes, it's practically perfect! Welcome and thanks for enjoying my happiness.
Ray is my wonderful 33 yr old hubby. We met our freshman year at collge in 1996 and have together ever since. He is a high school physics & chemistry teacher. In addition to teaching children, he is fantastic father to his own. I could not ask for a better man to be my life partner and best friend. We may not agree on everything, but in the end, we agree on everything that is truly important. He is a great man, perfect father, loving husband and I could not ask for more!
Husbands & Wives
A perfect wife is one who doesn't expect a perfect husband. ~ Author Unknown
I dreamed of a wedding of elaborate elegance; a church filled with flowers and friends. I asked him what kind of wedding he wished for; he said one that would make me his wife. ~ Author Unknown
My best chosen friend, companion, guide, to walk through life, linked hand-in-hand, two equal, loving friends, true husband and true wife. ~ Sir Charles Gavan Duffy
He's the funniest, smartest person I know. It doesn't mean he doesn't bug me and I'm sure I bug him sometimes. ~ Sarah Jessica Parker
While we try to teach our children about life, our children teach us what life is all about.
- Angela Schwindt
There's no other love like the love for a brother. There's no other love like the love from a brother. ~ Astrid Alauda
Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero. ~Marc Brown
A brother is a friend provided by nature. ~Legouve Pere