Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Monday, April 26, 2010
Nick - You were quite an unexpected, pleasant suprise! Having a baby at this time was the furthest thing from Mommy & Daddy's mind, but the day we found out we were pregnant was so exciting, awesome, thrilling, scary, and shocking - all at the same time. You see, we were on the 5 year plan, married for 5 years and then have children. I found out I was pregnant on April 3, 2003, one month before our 2nd anniversary. After about 2 weeks of "wondering" and being nervous to find out, I gave in and stopped at Wal-Mart and bought a test on the way to work. I took it as soon as I got to work **Suprise**. I was so excited all day, so needless to say, not much work got done. I went home and nervously paced the floor until Daddy came home. I told him right away in the kitchen and words could not describe the shocked look he gave me! We were both so excited!! After Daddy treated me to a special dinner, we came home and started making the phone calls. It was a very special day. You arrived almost 4 weeks early, right before Thanksgiving. So tiny and beautiful.
Adam - The day I found out I was pregnant with you was not nearly as shocking. You were strategically planned, so to speak! After miscarrying 3 months before, we wanted you very badly. On the morning of May 5, 2006, Daddy talked me into buying a test on the way home from running errands on this Sunday morning. I was so scared because I knew I couldn't go through losing another baby. Daddy took Nick out to the sandbox to build castles and told me to take the test. Low and behold, 2 pink lines told me you were coming! I told Daddy and Nick and we were so excited. Quickly the phone calls began. I must say every doctors appointment made me nervous but your precious heartbeat was strong and healthy and the following January, you joined our family!
1. If you could star in any movie genre..what would it be..romance..horror..comedy..suspense or action? Romance - I am a hopeless romantic
2. Do you recycle? Not as much as I should - to answer honestly, I don't.
3. Have you ever been to a strip club? Oh my - my bachelorette party was quite a night and it cured me from ever wanting to go to another one! Although I always thought it would be fun to go to one with my hubby ;)
4. Do you have a nickname? My hubby calls me dear or babe, some family members call me Ally (since my name is Alison), I like Mommy the best!
5. What's a name you can't stand to be called? It's not a name but my husband will whistle for me in a crowd if I don't hear him call my name - it drives me crazy but he knows it always gets my attention
6. What are your Summer staples? Sunglasses, flip flops, water, sunscreen for my little red heads, and lots and lots of fun!
7. What was the last thing you bought for yourself? Sunglasses - I lost mine last week and I can't live without sunglasses
8. Are you happy with your boob size? Yes, but I would like to put them back in the same place they were before I had 2 kids (and I can't believe I just put that on my blog)
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Friday, April 23, 2010
1. Where are my sunglasses? I lost them last week & had to buy another pair!
2. If wishes were horses people would think I lived on a ranch!
3. I'd like to see my children grown up happy, healthy, and successful.
4. When I was a teen, I thought parents didn't understand, now I know they understood all too well :)
5. One of my grandmother's favorite sayings is "if you don't listen, you feel".
6. I'd have a hard time doing without my cellphone.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to our first t-ball practice of the season, tomorrow my plans include dodging raindrops as we are out and about and Sunday, I want to catch up on things around the house!
Just for fun, visit the Friday Fill In's site and play along!
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
As I was getting ready for work this morning, and almost ready to through kids in carseats and head out the door, Nick handed me an awkwardly stuffed envelope and said "open it Mom, it's from me."
Monday, April 19, 2010
This blog was started to document memories for my children and share those memories with family and friends. Along the way I was fortunate enough to meet some fantastic "blog friends" as well. Each week I am committing myself to document some special information for my kids about their lives. This week is all about Numbers.
Due date / Actual birthday - you were due to arrive December 12th, but decided to come on November 15, 2003 - it was quite an experience that I will share later.
Birth Statistics - 5 lbs & 3 oz, 18 inches long - teeny, weeny tiny!
Age of first overnight trip - 6 weeks old to Indiana to visit your paternal grandfather - and you did great.
Age and Month you began to walk - October 2004, 11 months old - a little (a lot) wobbly, but you did it and we were so proud!!
Date you started school - August 24, 2010 will never forget it! You looked so grown up at 5 years old!! It was so hard for everyone to believe you were ready to start kindergarten.
Due Date/Actual Birthdate - January 10, Scheduled C-Section on January 3rd, 2007, schedule, organized and calm. Just how I like it!! It went very smooth.
Birth Statistics - 7 lbs & 8 oz, 20 inches long - your big brother was so proud!
Age of First Overnight Trip - 5 months old to Lancaster to visit Thomas the Tank Engine and play at Dutch Wonderland. We had a great time and you were so well behaved.
Age and Month you began to walk - December 2007, 11 months - very unsteady but independant. Just in time for Christmas, as everyone predicted.
Age you began preschool - 20 months, August 2008. You cried every day I dropped you off for about 4 months straight, but your teachers assured me you stopped as soon as i was out the door :)
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Friday, April 16, 2010
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Read to post below to understand the reasoning I started this weekly post.
Monday, April 12, 2010
Jamie's blog and I liked it. This week's theme is bubbles.
Loading up with bubbles.
Last summer, 2009.
Visit more Monday mugs at: