Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
My children are always making me laugh. There is never a dull moment in my house. It's such a good thing that "laughter is the best medicine."
Monday, June 28, 2010
Visit Heather and more mugs at http://www.oswaldcuties.blogspot.com/
Friday, June 25, 2010
1. Do you know how to play a musical instrument? Yes, I played clarinet in high school band, I didn't like it, and I haven't touched it since!
2. What is your pet peeve while driving? SLOW people in the left lane that won't move over!!!
3. Would you rather have a housekeeper or unlimited spa service? ohhh - tough one! I don't have time for spa treatments and I am picky about how I like things done at my house, so... if I had a housekeeper I would have more time to go to the spa ;)
4. Is ther a song that you here that will take you back to that moment, like junior high or high school dances? I graduated in 1995 and our popular school dance songs were "Stairway to Heaven", "Everything I do, I do it for you", "Kiss from a Rose", "Waterfalls" - ok I feel really old now!
5. What song best represents your life right now? Darius Rucker, "History in the Making" It reminds me that we are constantly making memories and to cherish every "first" and all of those special moments.
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Party City, one of our favorite "fun" stores, has all of last year's Halloween Costumes back out and they are all on sale for...$5.00!!
I bought the kids each one to play in now for dress-up fun and they have had a great time all evening being Luke Skywalker and Buzz Lightyear. It's hard to predict who they will want to be in October, but now they are enjoying the costumes just to play with. They had all sizes from baby to adult and some sold for as much as $50.00 last season. I am not sure if Party City is just a regional store for where I live or if it is national, but I wanted to share a good find, if anyone is interested.
Monday, June 21, 2010
enjoying a carnival during a warm summer evening...
sometimes it's fun to visit neighbor's and enjoy their pool, but...
sometimes we enjoy summer by just being silly!!
Visit more Monday Mugs at http://www.oswaldcuties.blogspot.com/
Have a good week everyone!!
Saturday, June 19, 2010
You may have thought I didn't see, Or that I hadn't heard,
Perhaps you thought I missed it all,And that we'd grow apart,
Without you, Dad, I wouldn't beThe woman I am today;
I've grown up with your values, And I'm very glad I did;
Friday, June 18, 2010
2. What is your ideal retirement location (if money didn't matter)? Somewhere that is warm all year, on a beach but with a nearby mountains, steams, and woods so my fishing and hunting loving hubby would come with me - I don't know if such a place exists, but it sounds wonderful :)
3. Do you live in the same town you grew up in? Close, I live about 9 miles from my parents house.
4. What nervous habit did you have as a child that you kicked to the curb before becoming an adult? I used to suck my thumb to go to sleep and when I was nervous.
5. What is the most embarrassing thing that happened to you while on the job? When I started the job I have now ( I am a school administrator), I was asked to come in and get my office keys and sign my contract about a week before I started working and I was told to just stop by and that it would only take 5 minutes. Well, it was summer time and I was in the area, so I stop by, expecting for a very quick, informal visit. I had no idea that they were going to take me to meet the Superintendant for the first time while I was there. I was wearing jean shorts, flip flops, and a t-shirt!!! How's that for a first impression! I've been here almost 3 years and he likes me, so I suppose he didn't hold it against me.
1.I would love to someday be able to sleep in until 6:58, but my boys seem to prefer 5:58 instead.
2. It was the reason, of course, that was funny for why he felt the need to do that!
3. Go out and party all night like I did in college is something I no longer feel the need to do.
4. I have another errand to run, then I am going home to start my next project.
5. It has to be here somewhere...just go find it
6. What were once vices are far from my mind now!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to a t-ball game, tomorrow my plans include swimming to survive the 90+ degree weather we are getting and Sunday, I want to enjoy a Father's Day breakfast with my Dad and family and then spoil my husband like he did for me on Mother's day.
Adam, 20 months, old helping my father in law install my pantry cabinet.
Ray and his little Steelers fans - Nick 3, Adam 2 months
Happy Father's Day Weekend Everyone.
Visit more flashbacks at http://minyards7.blogspot.com/
Thursday, June 17, 2010
Adam was more cautious in the pool, but had fun playing on the steps and hanging on to the side.
This water park or, "sprinkler park" as Adam called it, was more his speed and everyone had fun playing between here and teh pool. In this pic they are getting wet from the big water bucket that fills up and then dumps the water out.
Me and Nick
What?! I'm ready, let's go to the beach.
Enjoying the beach water.
We had a great time. We still have a few more trips to enjoy before the summer fly's by! Next weekend we head out to Lancaster and Dutch Wonderland to stay adn play for a few days. I promise to share all of our summer fun with my blogs friends - it's looking to be a great summer!