Monday, August 31, 2009

Not Me Monday - Kindergarten Edition



I did not daydream all morning about Nick as a baby, toddler, preschooler, etc. and wonder how my 5 lb 3 oz. newborn baby boy became old enough to go to school. Not Me!

I did not smile at how handsome he looked in his first day of school outfit, shiny new sneakers, and a backpack as big as he is - never!


I would never stop the car as we drove out of the driveway, get Nick out of booster seat, and make him (quickly) pose for pictures in the front of the house with his lunchbox and backpack. Not me - I would have planned to have plenty of time in the morning to not forget to do pictures.

I most certainly did not get a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes as Ray and I left him at that big school and waved goodbye.

Not Me!!!

No comments: