Monday, September 14, 2009

Busy Weekend!

We were super busy this weekend.
One Friday night I took Adam shopping to pick out his new "theme" for his bedroom. He told me his current Mickey Mouse/Disney theme was for babies and he's a big boy. I think most of this stemmed from his jealousy a few weekends a go when Nick got his room re-done in Transformers. Anyway, he fell in love with a SpongeBob theme. Not the best cartoon for a 2 year old, but he likes it and thankfully doesn't understand most of the underlying themes. With wall stickers, beddings, and many of the finishing touches I couldn't resist, it is super cute but still very fitting for a 2 year old.
Saturday was Nick's first soccer game. It was cold and drizzly but I am proud to say - My son scored a goal!!! It was so exciting!! Soccer is more fun than t-ball because of the constant action, the kids don't have a chance to write their names in the dirt, throw grass and day dream. they truely never stop running.
Ray ripped our tiny old deck off this weekend and his Dad is coming down Friday night to build our new one this weekend. Finally!! - projects move really slow when you do it yourself and the lead carpenter lives 3 hours away. At least it saves me paying for labor:)
Sunday was a quick family reunion - we literally stayed an hour because it was held during nap time and I never skip nap time - especially when Ray was fishing on a lake and I had the kids by myself. Ray gets home around 4:00 and decides to tear my bedroom apart, take down the t.v. stand and purchase a 32 inch flat screen and rearrange furniture. Too bad I was too tired and cranky to start a project on a Sunday evening. No relaxing at my house, just go, go , go!! Lots of pictures to follow soon. Just no time today to post them!!
Have a good week.

No comments: