Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Smithsonians

I've briefly posted a few pictures of our trip to the Smithsonians in Washington D.C. We live so close to such a national treasure, sometimes you forget how lucky you are!
We had such a wonderful day and I wanted to share some more of our adventures with you!

Inside the Air and Space Museum


Climbing a tree on a rest break - we did LOTS of walking.


The National History Museum had a hands on table for kids to play and learn. In this picture they took the kids finger print and had them draw an ocean animal around the finger print. They turned out very cute!


Dinosaurs in the Natural History Museum. These were very exciting for the boys.

A tree made out of metal outside the National Art Museum.
The Reflection Pool ~ I love this shot!


Pointing out airplanes "flying" in the sky.

It was the last thing we saw and the definate highlight of the trip for Nick. We didn't even know it was there until we left, but Nick got to "meet" C3PO!!! Life was good :)

Michelle Obamas Inaugural Dress

Adam was convinced this was Buzz Lightyears rocket ship.

We had a super day. We go on this trip every year and I've been there 20+ times, but everytime I go I discover something new, different, and very exciting that I never saw before. It's an excellent day trip and I certainly recommend it if you are ever in the area.


1 comment:

HeatherOz said...

Wow! You guys did all of that in one day? I bet you had some tired kiddos! Looks like a lot of fun!

I don't know how in the world I missed 3 of your posts this week! Sorry!