Monday, April 26, 2010

For My Kids...

Since I am writing this blog for my kids and I use this post to tell them some special tidbits about their lives, I think I should start at the beginning.
Today's post is entitled "The Day I Found Out I Was Pregnant"!

Nick - You were quite an unexpected, pleasant suprise! Having a baby at this time was the furthest thing from Mommy & Daddy's mind, but the day we found out we were pregnant was so exciting, awesome, thrilling, scary, and shocking - all at the same time. You see, we were on the 5 year plan, married for 5 years and then have children. I found out I was pregnant on April 3, 2003, one month before our 2nd anniversary. After about 2 weeks of "wondering" and being nervous to find out, I gave in and stopped at Wal-Mart and bought a test on the way to work. I took it as soon as I got to work **Suprise**. I was so excited all day, so needless to say, not much work got done. I went home and nervously paced the floor until Daddy came home. I told him right away in the kitchen and words could not describe the shocked look he gave me! We were both so excited!! After Daddy treated me to a special dinner, we came home and started making the phone calls. It was a very special day. You arrived almost 4 weeks early, right before Thanksgiving. So tiny and beautiful.
Adam - The day I found out I was pregnant with you was not nearly as shocking. You were strategically planned, so to speak! After miscarrying 3 months before, we wanted you very badly. On the morning of May 5, 2006, Daddy talked me into buying a test on the way home from running errands on this Sunday morning. I was so scared because I knew I couldn't go through losing another baby. Daddy took Nick out to the sandbox to build castles and told me to take the test. Low and behold, 2 pink lines told me you were coming! I told Daddy and Nick and we were so excited. Quickly the phone calls began. I must say every doctors appointment made me nervous but your precious heartbeat was strong and healthy and the following January, you joined our family!

2 comments:

HeatherOz said...

Those are such great stories. I vividly remember each and every time we found out we were pregnant! So exciting!

p.s. I thought I had already commented on this post! I KNOW I read these stories earlier!

Wendy @RunningonMTT said...

I love your stories and just may have to bloglift this idea! I have it all in their scrapbooks but I love idea of putting it on the blog!